Neumann U87 celebrates its 50th anniversary with a very special limited edition, the U 87 Rhodium Edition – a microphone that looks as classy as it sounds. The edition is limited to 500 units worldwide which are individually numbered and certified. Neumann U87 – The Neumann classic. The U87 presents a wide range of features and versatility that make it to one of the most desirable mics available. The microphone is well-known for its warm and well-balanced characteristics – your perfect choice as vocal microphone for all types of music and speech. The usage as main microphone for orchestra recordings or as spot mic for single instruments make it the most general-purpose microphone – in studios, for broadcasting, film and television. The U 87 sets the mark in the microphone industry by which all others are measured.
The U 87 Ai is addressed from the front, marked with the Neumann logo. The frequency response of the cardioid and figure-8 directional characteristics are very flat for frontal sound incidence, even in the upper frequency range. The microphone can be used very close to a sound source without the sound becoming unnaturally harsh. By means of a high-pass filter interferences through subsonic and low frequencies are reduced remarkably.
- Classic Large-Diaphragm condenser microphone, encased in rhodium housing
- Pressure-gradient transducer with double-membrane capsule
- Three selectable polar patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10dB pre-attenuation
- Includes EA 87 Rhodium Edition shockmount, aluminum case, certificate of authenticity signed by Wolfgang Fraissinet, and a pair of black handling gloves